PSG’s Neymar agrees €12m pay cut to return to Barcelona- Report

3 total views, 3 views today

Report in Spain says Barcelona have reached a verbal agreement with Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) playmaker Neymar over his return to Camp Nou – two years after the Brazilian left for a world record fee.

Neymar is set to earn £400,000-a-week in a 5-year and for that deal to happen, Neymar will take a significant drop in salary, from €36.8million per season (second highest in world football) to €24million, a €12million reduction as was his contract before leaving.

Sport journalist Albert Masnou also claims that due to Neymar’s desire to return, he did not even try to negotiate the amount, clear that Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu was at his upper limit. He also removed his legal case against the club owing him money.

Now all that is left to do, the paper says, is for the clubs to come to an agreement on an appropriate transfer fee for the player. As previously reported by Le Parisien, the Ligue 1 side are looking to make a profit on the man they plucked away from Barça, and are demanding 300 million euros. Although in simple terms this is likely a price too high to pay, other conditions – for example including players in part exchange – could allow the two football powerhouses to find a satisfactory middle ground. If not, Sport confirm, Real Madrid would be the only other option potentially available to him.

For Neymar’s part, money has been put as a lesser priority than achieving greatness, following a period in France that did little for his reputation. If this move becomes a reality, he will have a chance to restore his name as one of football’s very best.

Neymar still has three years left on his current deal, and PSG want to recoup at least as … Read More...

Rape Allegation: Police investigate Neymar over release of sexual images 

80 total views, no views today

Police in Rio de Janeiro police says it will open an investigation into Brazil and PSG superstar Neymar in relation to the release of intimate photos allegedly of the woman who has accused the footballer of rape, according to Spanish media AS.

On Sunday, Rio police’s Department against Computer Crimes said in a statement that it is going to investigate the disclosure of intimate images in a video posted by Neymar to his Instagram account.

In the video Neymar revealed a series of conversations and photographs allegedly shared by the pair on WhatsApp since their first meeting in March, as a means to protest his innocence.

“I’m being accused of rape which is a strong word and what I’m going through at present is unpleasant. Anyhow, I want to show the conversations that were held between myself and this woman, all of our intimate communication, which is necessary to show what really occurred. What happened behind closed doors was a typical intimate relationship between a man and a woman”, the player said in the video.

But his decision to reveal the intimate images may now land him in trouble with the Brazilian authorities.

In Brazil it is a crime to offer, share, transmit, sell, distribute or publish images or videos of sexual content by any means without the consent of the subject of the video, with the crime carrying a penalty of up to five years in prison.

The possibility of a longer sentence can occur in the case of a violation being deemed an act of revenge after a sexual relationship – or so-called ‘revenge porn’.

Neymar is currently training with the Brazil national team in the Brazilian municipality of Teresópolis ahead of the Copa América, which starts in June 14 in the country. … Read More...